One Fly Ride

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

. Do you love your parents?


Hey hey hey ..
Been having a tiring day today. Everything is so fucked up sometimes. Damn wei, there is a test tomorrow, for Microeconomics (MIP), and i think im gonna be dead drownin in the trance of economics. I couldnt understand a single shit that came out from the lecturer.

I had a 3 hours break today after my MIP lecture. I drove to Pyramid together with Kang Wei and Yoong for lunch. Were having fun talkin abt obscene shits, which almost laughed our asses off. We were joking abt some sex stories and craps that eventually attracted some neighbouring tables to stare at us haha.

Anyway, i found and read this article while i was searching for some info abt some movies, Bridge to Tarbathia or something, forgive me for not getting the spelling right. actually i did this article as an assignments for one of my subjects in CIMP, Families in a Diverse Society. Its good to splash some fresh water on our faces when we need it. Here goes:

An 80 year old man was sitting on the sofa in his house along with his 45 years old highly educated son.
Suddenly a crow perched on their window.

The Father asked his Son, "What is this?"

The Son replied "It is a crow".

After a few minutes, the Father asked his Son the 2nd time, "What is this?"

The Son said "Father, I have just now told you "It's a crow".

After a little while, the old Father again asked his Son the 3rd time, What is this?

At this time some expression of irritation was felt in the Son's tone when he said to his
Father with a rebuff..
"It's a crow, a crow".

A little after, the Father again asked his Son the 4th time, "What is this?"

This time the Son shouted at his Father,
"Why do you keep asking me the same question again and again, although
I have told you so many times 'IT IS A CROW'.
Are you not able to understand this?"

A little later the Father went to his room and came back with an old tattered diary,
which he had maintained since his Son was born. On opening a page, he asked his
Son to read that page. When the son read it, the following words were written in the diary :-

"Today my little son aged three was sitting with me on the sofa, when a crow was
sitting on the window. My Son asked me 23 times what it was, and I replied to him
all 23 times that it was a Crow. I hugged him lovingly each time he asked me the
same question again and again for 23 times.
I did not at all feel irritated I rather felt affection for my innocent child
".

While the little child asked him 23 times "What is this", the Father had felt no irritation in
replying to the same question all 23 times and When today the Father asked his Son the
same question just 4 times, the Son felt irritated and annoyed.

So..

If your parents attain old age, do not repulse them or look at them as a burden, but speak to
them a gracious word, be cool, obedient, humble And kind to them. Be considerate to your parents.
From today say this aloud,
"I want to see my parents happy forever. They have cared for me ever since I was a little
child.
They have always showered their selfless love on me.
They crossed all mountains and valleys without seeing the storm and heat to make me a
person presentable in the society today
".


After reading this, i somehow realized that this story reflects back on me. Remembering the times that i shouted at my mum for irritating me, and the times when i was a little kid running around and keeping my mum's hand busy for causing troubles. My mum told me, sometimes when i started screaming at her when she is trying to ask me how m i doing or just to check on me whether im fine, she somehow feels that her heart is bleeding, making her feel like crying. I felt so sorry for her now, and i hate myself for being so ungrateful. Imagine she raised me up with her barehand, and giving me such a good life, and she is getting all these from me? I was thinking, if i were to be her, I will probably feel the cut inside my heart.

To tell y'all the truth, a simple 3-word phrase such as 'I love you" right into the face of your parents could cause more than happiness and joy inside of them. Isn't it easy to say out the 3 words? Easy right, and yet so many of us feel so awkward to say it. If you truly love them, say it and always remember this, treat others like how you want others to treat you. What comes around goes around man. peace.

Nothing in this world is IMPOSSIBLE. Cause the word IMPOSSIBLE itself says I M POSSIBLE

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home